December 22, 2012

Big Idea: Christmas ~ No Shopping

So ... just what exactly was my big idea about a Family Christmas with gifts, but no shopping or charge cards 

For a long time each of us has felt that we already had enough stuff.  Also, there are lovely things in our drawers we don't use anymore.  I personally know my sister has things I love and she doesn't use ... and she says the same about me.  

So ... this year is Treasure Chest year.


We are eagerly going through our personal treasures with a particular family member in mind.  Each one has unique likes ... no worry about someone selecting the same thing.

I can't think of anything more special than receiving a personal item from a family member.

And ... to top it off, we are collecting family photographs, new and old, to give to each other. 


We all agree ... this is going to be a very special Priceless Christmas!


8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. Everything that is given will have a special meaning for the giver and the receiver. I love it.

    Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family and animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arlene,
      I'll admit ... I'm more exited about this than anything from a store.
      Merry Christmas!
      Marvel

      Delete
  2. Personal, thoughtful, and cost-saving. Thanks for the inspiration (thinking of my adult nieces and girlfriends).

    Merry Christmas, Marvel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Detroit Dog,
      If you have a "sharing gifts" Christmas, I'll say ... it is great fun.
      Have a wonderful Christmas!
      Marvel

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! I especially like the notion of giving each other family photos. Hope you have a very Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rowan,
      Thanks for your note. I'll admit ... I'm very excited, especially about the family photos.
      Have a wonderful Christmas!
      Marvel

      Delete

How nice of you to take the time to write. I appreciate your stopping by and do love hearing from you. Even though I cannot always reply to each comment, I enjoy reading them.

If you would like to leave a comment and do not have a google/blogger account, you're welcome to leave an anonymous comment.

I hope you enjoy visiting our little farm and meeting all our critters. We greatly enjoyed having you here.